If you work in property management, you know what it feels like to be busy. You’re a champion juggler, keeping dozens of balls in the air and balancing the needs of residents, owners, and staff. Here’s the question. Is your software just another ball to juggle, or is it an extra arm?
Your property management software should never be more of a burden than a benefit. And, we’re happy to say, there are relatively simple tweaks you can make to the Entrata platform that will ensure that your technology is even more valuable to your entire enterprise. Taking a little time to learn the settings can help you boost operational efficiency and save money.
1. Residents really don’t like surprises. Set up Message Center™ to easily keep them in the loop with a monthly e-newsletter. The software can also help you monitor opens & clicks and facilitates incentive programs like gift-card giveaways that encourage residents to read.
2. Stop manually pulling delinquency reports and sending notices individually. Automate delinquency reports so that first notice, next notice, and final notice are always sent automatically and precisely on schedule.
3. Build efficiency into your comp shops with revenue management software to help eliminate the need for concession selling. You don’t have to make guesses at pricing with an effective system in place.
4. You’ve worked hard to plan the perfect community party, take advantage of happy residents to collect referrals and renewals. Don’t worry about printing contracts and leave the stacks of referral cards in the office. Just keep a SiteTablet®-enabled iPad or two handy.
5. Simplify rent week by sealing up the drop box. Or just remove it entirely. No, honest! Take advantage of our paperless program to encourage residents to pay rent online. And while you’re at it, recycle all those paper applications and let prospects apply online as well.
6. Don’t make residents log into multiple sites to pay rent and utility bills. Set up convergent billing with ResidentUtility® to simplify the process for them and for you.
Worried that it’s all easier said than done? Don’t. We won’t make you figure it out alone. Entrata offers daily training webinars that outline basic setup and processes, and we’re happy to work with you to set up training and certification programs for all users so everyone knows how much your software can do for you.
And, we can’t talk about software setup without talking about next month’s user training conference, Entrata Base Camp. Give us two days and we’ll provide a series of deep-dive training courses that will make you an expert in the platform as well as one-on-one coaching in our User Lab. Early bird pricing is available for a little while longer, so register today.