As the weather changes, we want to make sure our residents are aware of the necessary steps to preserve the environment of the unit. In humid places, such as Florida things like mold and mildew can appear if there is no proper ventilation. It is important to take precautions to limit exposure to such issues. It is important to know that anywhere there is moisture, dirt and heat mold and mildew can and will grow! Warm and dark areas, such as bathrooms and closets are especially prone to these types of issues. Your A/C system is the primary source of ventilation, if you are going to turn it completely off, please open windows or turn on a fan for ventilation. Below are a list of mold/mildew prevention tip to keep this issue from happening.
- Regularly remove garbage to prevent odors and spoilage.
- Dry condensation around windows and doors.
- Open windows or use exhaust fans when cooking to provide ventilation
- Allow wet, damp rags, clothes, towels or shoes to dry before storing.
- Immediately report any visible leaks water leaks.
- Use exhaust fans when taking baths or showers it will provide ventilation.
- Dry places with excessive water/ moisture
- Open draperies, shades or blinds to let the sun shine in to dry up moist areas.
- Frequently clean home accessories (area rugs, curtains, upholstery, bedding, etc.) and keep them dry.
- Promptly remove lint every time the clothes dryer is used.
- Do not leave laundry wet outside or inside the dryer
- Make certain that laundry is completely dry before putting it away.
- When using laundry dryer, allow clothes to cool before storing.