Effective Date: 10-07-2021
Important to Note:
Entrata provides its Platforms for use by our Clients, which are typically residential and commercial real estate property managers and property owners. Our Clients use our Platforms for many purposes, such as to manage the leasing lifecycle, and to facilitate communication with their End Users. Entrata typically has no direct relationship with End Users; we simply process and store End Users' Personal Information ("Client Data") on our Clients' behalf, as their service provider; Clients are responsible for directing Entrata in the processing of such information. Any use of Client Data by us is carried out pursuant to an agreement (and/or our applicable Terms of Service) in place between Entrata and our Client.
If you, as an End User, have any questions or concerns about the data handling practices of an Entrata Client using our Platforms to process and store your personal information, please contact the relevant Client directly.
Our ProspectPortal Platform permits our Clients to create their own websites, which facilitate communication and transactions between prospective and current tenants and our Clients. While these websites are built using our Platforms, and Client Data obtained through these websites are stored on our systems, this data is considered Client Data and is governed by our Clients' privacy notices/policies.
Finally, our Entrata Sites may contain links to other third-party websites. The information practices and content of such third-party websites are governed by their own privacy notices. We encourage you to review the privacy notices of such third-party websites to understand their information practices.
Entrata, Inc. and its affiliated entities (collectively, "Entrata", "we", "us", "our") are committed to protecting individual privacy and maintaining the trust of our business clients ("Clients"), our Clients' end users and residents (collectively, "End Users"), the actual users of our services who are employed or contracted by our Clients ("Client Staff"), and visitors to our websites (collectively, "Visitors"). It is important to us that we provide transparency regarding our collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information (for purposes of this Privacy Notice, we use the California Consumer Privacy Act's ("CCPA") definition of "Personal Information").
Please Note: This Privacy Notice only governs our processing of Personal Information/ Personal Data in the United States. You can view our additional Privacy Notices [here] by region.
Application of Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice describes how we use, share, and protect the Personal Information of Clients, Visitors, and End Users who visit the Entrata Sites. It also describes the rights and choices regarding use, access to, and correction of Personal Information available.
What Information We Collect and Why
We and our service providers collect personal data in various ways, such as when you: enter into a transaction or contractual arrangement with us; provide us with your personal data via the Services; participate in our programs or activities (e.g., our contests, online webinars, Entrata Connect, and Basecamp); provide personal data at industry events and trade shows; visit our facilities or we visit you at your offices; contact our customer services; or make any inquiries and communications with us. More information is set out below. We also collect personal data from other sources, including our Clients, publicly-accessible databases, and joint marketing partners.
Personal data includes:
- Contact information: First and last name, email address, employer, phone number (work), physical address (work), job title.
- Marketing preferences and customer service interactions: Marketing preferences; responses to voluntary surveys.
- Operational data: Transactions, sales, purchases, uses, supplier information, credentials to online services and platforms, and electronic content produced by individuals using company systems, [including online interactive and voice communications such as blog, chat, webcam use, and network sessions].
We have indicated with an asterisk (*) above those types of data which are mandatory and must be provided in order for us to provide the requested Services to you. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the Services. If you disclose any personal data relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so.
We and our service providers use personal data for the following purposes:
- Communicating with Clients and Client Personnel for the purpose of our legitimate interest (providing our Clients with market-leading property management tools and Platforms). This includes:
- Informing Clients about our various Platforms and solutions, and providing access to our Platforms where the Client enters into an agreement with us.
- Providing back-end access to the Platforms for Clients and Client Personnel.
- Tracking and responding to Clients' inquiries, reports, reviews or correspondence regarding products and services.
- Administering Client account(s).
- Providing and improving our customer service.
- Facilitating communications generally in the context of our business activities.
- Sending administrative information to Clients, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- Operating our business for the purpose of our legitimate interest (continuously improving, customizing and personalizing our Services). This includes:
- Analyzing and improving the safety and security of our Services.
- Supporting internal Entrata operations, including CRM and Client technical support.
- Providing Clients and Client Personnel with access to our 'App Store' to allow Clients to directly enable third-party application.
- Carrying out machine learning, data extracting and loading data in data warehouses, in order to support Entrata enterprise software, data access, modifications, operations.
- Contacting Client Personnel at prospective Clients in order to set up demos of our Platforms with your consent. This includes:
- For marketing purposes, such as re-engaging with prospective Clients who have expressed an interest in our Services.
- Administering account access to our Platforms for the purposes of providing demos/tutorials of the Platforms to prospective Clients.
- Responding to your inquiries, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request further information about our services.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing with your consent or for the purpose of our legitimate interest (making it easier for you to get the benefit of your social sharing functionalities). This includes:
- Sending you marketing related emails, with information about our services, new products and other news about our company.
- Facilitating social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing personal data so that it will no longer be considered personal data, for the purpose of our legitimate interest (to anonymize and aggregate for business purposes). We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- Carrying out general organizational activities, for the purpose of our legitimate interest (to keep the Services updated and relevant and to develop our organization) and where necessary to comply with our legal obligations. This includes:
- Data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services.
- Audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements.
- Fraud prevention and fraud security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- Enhancing, improving, repairing, maintaining, or modifying our current Services.
- Identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users.
- Operating and expanding our organization's activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users' interests.
How We Use Personal Information
We do not use Personal Information for purposes that are materially different to the purposes for which they were originally collected, as set out in Section 2. If these purposes change in the future, we will provide you with notice and a request to consent to (or an opportunity to opt-out of) this new use where so required by applicable law.
"Do Not Track" Notice: "Do Not Track" is a preference that you can set in your browser to let websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. Entrata does not currently respond to, or honor, Do Not Track signals or requests from your browser.
How We Disclose Personal Data
We will not disclose any personal information that we collect from you to any external parties except as indicated below (for CCPA purposes, all of the below categories of data recipients are classified as Service Providers or Third Parties, as those terms are defined):
- Our Affiliates. We may disclose personal information to any of our subsidiaries and affiliates within the Entrata corporate group (click here for a list of our subsidiaries). Specifically, if our clients utilize our applicant screening service, we will share personal information with our subsidiary ResidentVerify, LLC. Additionally, if you utilize our renters insurance agent, we will share personal information with our subsidiary Entrata Insurance Agency, LLC.
- Service Providers. We may disclose personal information to our service providers who perform certain services necessary to run our business (for example, data hosting and development, data analysis, customer service, auditing and other services), provided that these service providers have entered into legally binding agreements with us to protect the personal information shared, limit their use, retention, and disclosure of the personal information, and assist us with our compliance requirements.
- Legal Request. We may disclose personal information to comply with applicable law and our regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations (which may include laws outside your country of residence), to respond to requests from public and government authorities (which may include authorities outside your country of residence), to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons.
- Business Transfer. We may disclose personal information to a buyer or successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Entrata's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, receivership, or similar proceeding in which personal information held by Entrata are among the assets to be transferred.
- API Transfer. We may disclose personal information, at the direction of our customers, through API to third parties. All API transfers are governed by a separate agreement between Entrata and the third party requesting API access, and all data usage and processing is governed by our customers' agreements with such third parties.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of seventeen (17) without authorization by a holder of parental responsibility. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from or about a child under the age of seventeen (17), please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line "Personal Data of a Minor."
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We seek to use commercially reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password (either as a Client or an End User) to access our Platforms, you are responsible for keeping this information confidential and preventing unauthorized access to your account. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the "How to Contact Us" section below.
Where we collect your payment card information, we will comply with all applicable Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS).
Retaining Your Personal Information
We retain personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which they were obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you or our Client, and provide the use of our Platforms to you or our Client (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Platforms);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Keeping Your Information Updated
Where you have set up an account on one of our Platforms through our Clients, it is up to you to keep your personal information up to date. If you are unable to update your personal information, please contact our relevant Client with which you have a primary relationship. If our Client is unable to assist you, we will endeavor to assist our Client with updating your information.
Information For California Consumers
The information and rights in this section apply specifically to California residents.
In compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"), Entrata does not sell, trade, or rent any Personal Information, nor have we done so in the preceding twelve months. Entrata has not sold the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age without first attaining affirmative authorization.
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed Personal Information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Entrata does not disclose Personal Information to third parties, except to its wholly owned subsidiaries, for their direct marketing purposes. Thus, upon receipt of such a request by a California consumer, and as required by California state law, we will respond with either (1) a confirmation that we have not disclosed any Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year, or (2) if our practices have changed, provide a list of all third parties to whom Personal Information was disclosed for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, whichever is relevant. California consumers may request further information about our compliance with this law by emailing us at [email protected]
Under the CCPA, California consumers have various rights regarding the Personal Information that Entrata's clients collect and process using Entrata's platforms.
Note: These rights are generally exercisable against Entrata's Clients and not against Entrata because Entrata is acting as a Service Provider to our Clients. These rights are only exercisable directly against Entrata when we are determining the purposes and means of processing of your Personal Information (which we generally only do if you are an employee of one of our Clients or someone we are sending marketing communications to). Thus, the description provided below is for your and our Clients' convenience - please reach out to our Clients directly if you wish to exercise any of these rights. Some of the information that our Clients are required to provide to you can be found in various sections of this Privacy Notice, or in our Clients' respective privacy notices.
California consumers have the right to:
- Request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that a Business has collected about you;
- Request disclosure of the categories of third-party sources, if any, from which a Business has collected Personal Information about you;
- Disclosure of the Business or Commercial Purpose(s) for which your Personal Information has been collected;
- Receive a list of the categories of third parties with whom a business has shared your Personal Information;
- Request that a business delete any Personal Information that it has collected from you (subject to exceptions).
- Not be discriminated against by a business (e.g. charged different rates, provided different levels of service, denied goods or services, or suggested any of the preceding) for exercising any of the individual rights granted above.
- Designate an authorized agent to exercise any of the individual rights granted above, on your behalf.
- Opt-out of the sale of Personal Information, if applicable.
To exercise any of your rights as a California consumer, you should contact the Client with which you have a direct relationship, or contact Entrata directly if your relationship is only with us (e.g. Client Staff or potential Clients) by sending an email to [email protected]
Before complying with your request, our Clients (or Entrata) may need to verify that it is you that is making the request. To accomplish this, you (or your authorized agent) may be requested to (1) confirm specific pieces of Personal Information that our Clients (or Entrata) already know about you, or (2) provide our Clients (or Entrata) with appropriate identification depending on the sensitivity of the information requested. California consumers are limited to two requests for Personal Information per twelve-month period.
End Users' Personal Information
Our Clients who utilize our Platforms to create property management websites are responsible for what they do with the Personal Information they collect, directly or through Entrata's Platforms, about their End Users. If our Clients utilize our payment processing functions, your payment information may be processed via third party payment processors in accordance with such payment processors' terms and policies. We transmit your complete payment information when you initiate a payment through the Entrata Platform. We collect this information only so that we can pass it along to our payment processors, which you agree to use by submitting a payment through the Entrata Platform.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page, with a notice that it has been updated on our main homepage. If we make material changes to how we treat your Personal Information, we will notify you through a notice on the homepage. The date that this Privacy Notice was last revised is listed at the top of the page. You are responsible for visiting our site and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
If you have any questions or complaints related to our practices with respect to the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, please feel free to contact us at:
Entrata Legal Department
4205 Chapel Ridge Road
Lehi, UT 84043