Local BYU Startup Property Solutions Announces Strategic Alliance with AMSI, a Geac Company
December 2 2005
Local BYU startup Property Solutions, an industry leading provider of automated payments, resident portals, and community websites in the multi-family housing industry, today announced the signing of a letter of intent for a strategic alliance with AMSI, a Geac company. The alliance will offer property management companies using AMSI eSite Property Management software template-driven websites and online payment processing capabilities that cater to both prospects and residents.
BYU students launched Property Solutions in 2003 after winning both the Brigham Young University business plan competition and a national business plan competition sponsored by Fortune Small Business Magazine. The Provo-based company provides an online payment product for apartment management companies to collect rent online by credit card or electronic check.
Property Solutions also brings property management companies a patent-pending, template-based website solution that allows quick and more cost-effective rollout of customizable apartment community websites.
"AMSI chose to integrate Property Solutions into its web-based property management software, eSite, for two reasons. First, Property Solutions is the only company in the industry to offer a completely template-driven resident portal and apartment community website builder with credit card and ACH processing capabilities built in," said Larry Kaplan, Senior Vice President and General Manager for Geac's Industry Specific Applications (ISA) unit. "Second, the industry and more specifically our customers have requested online credit card payment processing capabilities and an easy-to-use website builder to help drive traffic to properties and improve resident retention. The alliance is in response to that demand and will provide our customers the most powerful and affordable solution available."
As a result of the alliance with Property Solutions, AMSI eSite users will have access to three new, powerful products.
ResidentPay Online Payment System
- Residents pay online by electronic check or credit card (Automatically posted to eSite).
- Funds settle within 24 - 48 hours.
- Convenience fees to residents offset transaction expense to the management company.
- Residents view current balances on-line (Automatically pulled from eSite).
- Prospective residents may pay fees immediately after submitting online applications.
ResidentPortal Online Resident Environment
- Residents submit work orders online (Automatically posted to eSite).
- Residents view community announcements at online calendar.
- Residents view weather, local attractions, and resident discounts.
- Residents purchase renter's insurance, utility connections, and concierge services.
ProspectPortal Community Website System
- Prospects view photos, driving directions, printable brochures, etc.
- Prospects submit guest cards and online applications (Automatically posted to eSite).
- Managers may control website content using Website Editor (Photos, text, rental applications, new pages, etc.).
- Managers receive increased number of leads through improved search engine optimization.
This new, integrated solution will benefit AMSI and Property Solutions customers beginning in February 2006, and it will be sold through AMSI and its certified property management software resellers.