Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer your primary responsibilities will be to gather, to verify, and to organize data. This role requires a person who is motivated by three things: digging deep into use cases to understand underlying issues; defining their own tasks, scope, and priorities; and delivering state-of-the-art solutions to those identified problems. A successful candidate in this position will be expected to organize data from many sources, contribute to architecture decisions, and will use SQL, Python, Node JS and other languages in connection with modern cloud architecture and transform that data into usable assets.
- The Entrata Internal Systems teams build the software and tools that the many teams and departments across Entrata use to do their job. The Internal Systems team is tasked with improving efficiency, capacity, and visibility across the entire organization. The internal systems data team interprets large amounts of data to identify ways to help Entrata improve operations and gain an edge over its competitors.
- This position the opportunity to collaborate with a small team, and also, to work on independent projects in which you are given ownership. The ideal candidate will have experience in end-to-end cloud BI and Analytics projects, spanning data collection processes, processing/transformations, modeling, and consumption.
- Data engineers work closely with data analysts and business intelligence engineers to warehouse the data needed to provide department directors, product managers and executives the information they need to make critical business decisions. They develop and maintain automated ETL pipelines using Python, Spark and SQL combined with cloud services.
- The data engineer will partner with business team members to understand business requirements, actively questioning to understand the what and why associated with the requirements in order to reach the best near term and long term solutions.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a technical field like computer science, information technology, math, statistics or engineering.
- Exposure to modern warehouse data architectures.
- 5+ years experience with SQL, recent experience with PostgreSQL databases is a plus.
- 5+ years developing end-to-end business intelligence and data warehouse solutions using Kimball methodologies moving data from transactional databases to analytical databases.
- 2+ Years experience with object oriented programming; python prefered including experience with distributed computing.
- Salary, DOE
- PTO and Paid Holidays
Work Schedule and Location:
- Monday - Friday, standard business hours
- Lehi, UT office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular on-site attendance at work is required during normal business hours
- 401k with matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and long-term disability
- On-site gym
About Us: Currently serving more than 20,000 apartment communities across the U.S., Entrata offers a variety of web-based software tools for leasing, rent collection, marketing, and management, all on one platform. The Utah-based company has seen exponential growth since its founding in 2003 and currently partners with 28 of America’s 50 largest property management companies. Entrata employs more than 300 professionals across the nation, including offices in Lehi, Provo, and Dallas. For more information, go to http://www.entrata.com.