Associate Invoice Management Specialist
As an Associate Invoice Management Specialist you will work closely with utility providers across the country to gather information and make changes/adjustments to utility accounts as necessary. This may include address changes, authorization changes, and other important information necessary to helping our customers see success with their utilities. You will be responsible for ensuring these processes are accurate and timely, and that they are followed through to completion.
- Coordinate with utility providers and clients through outbound calls, fax, email, etc. to provide and update the necessary information to allow correct and timely billing to take place
- Document the process for each utility provider and best method for updating information for each account
- Track progress of requests for each client and each provider
- Keep up documentation related to each utility provider
- Assist team members, as needed, to fulfill their job duties
- Partner with other departments when taking on new properties to ensure the transition runs smoothly for the client
- Collaborate with team members and other internal teams to ensure client needs are met
- Meet department metrics and KPI’s
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Ability to deliver quality results with strict deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with or without supervision; a healthy desire to constantly succeed
- Organizational skills needed to balance workload to achieve optimal results
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting
- Phone experience a plus
- 401k with matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and long-term disability
- On-site gym
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Reach with hands, arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close, distance, color or peripheral vision. Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Regular on-site attendance at work is required during normal business hours
Entrata is the largest portal and online payment provider in the U.S., servicing over 3.5 million apartment residents nationwide. Founded in 2003, Entrata is a uniquely positioned B2B PaaS company serving the multi-family industry. Our suite of technology solutions enable our customers to manage all aspects of the critical functions necessary to run a multi-family management company, from property-level operations all the way up to corporate management and marketing. Our vision is to enable more efficiency and productivity for our clients through the development, distribution, and support of world-class software.