Instructional Designer / Developer
Entrata’s training department is in need of an Instructional Developer/Designer. Business proficiency in Spanish is highly preferred.
As someone who specializes in eLearning, you will design and create screen-capture-based training videos and software simulations for Entrata clients and employees.
- Manage and complete projects within a specified timeline while prioritizing and working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, other team members, and the training team to develop training content, including: video content, course content, assessments, scenario-based training, interactive elements, and other training materials
- Use a variety of multimedia technology and authoring tools to build content that engages the audience, increases retention, transfers skill/knowledge, and drives sustained behavior change.
- Collaborate with technical writers and instructional designers to make sure content meets client needs
- Perform regular audits of existing content and coordinate updates and edits as needed
- Maintain knowledge of new learning approaches, technology, and measurement tools through continuous research to ensure our solutions deliver innovation
- As needed, work with Marketing for custom videos
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience using eLearning development tools like Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate
- 2+ years experience with capturing images and using screen capture tools such as Snagit
- 2+ years experience with video production and editing using tools such as Premiere or Final Cut Pro
- Adobe After Effects experience a plus
- 2+ years experience developing training content for business software and/or technical software topics for eLearning
- Ability to add creativity and design elements to the development process
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment, with the ability to work independently
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to plan project tasks/events and execute timeline
- Annual Salary, DOE
- PTO and paid holidays
Work Schedule and Location:
- Monday-Friday during normal business hours
- Lehi, UT office
- 401k with matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and long-term disability
- On-site gym
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear, and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular on-site attendance at work is required during normal business hours