Director of Tax
Come join an amazing accounting team at Entrata as we strive to achieve world domination in the property management software space. It’s not just a job, it’s an adventure.
The Director of Tax Position will report to the Corporate Controller and will oversee all corporate tax related matters including but not limited to:
- Federal and state income tax filings for all legal entities
- Other business taxes including property, use, unclaimed property, 1099s, etc.
- Monitor income tax, sales tax and property tax nexus in all states and ensure timely filings in all necessary states
- Manage all tax exemption forms
- Maintain support for all filings, ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Manage annual R&D tax credit study
- Manage all tax related audits
- Stay apprised of changes to corporate tax law and determine how the company will implement these changes
- Assist the Controller with accounting for income taxes in accordance with US GAAP, including preparation of the Company’s income tax provision
- Provide finance with recommendations regarding tax implications of investment strategies and proposed transactions both domestically and internationally
- Support legal department regarding tax implications of equity transactions and other compliance matters
- Support HR department regarding company tax policies related to employee benefits, deductibility of expenses, etc.
- Assist in other ad hoc projects as necessary
- 4+ years of public accounting experience in tax, preferably with corporate tax
- Experience working with income tax provisions
- Willingness to perform most of the detailed work
- Ability to thoroughly consider tax consequences of transactions and provide tax recommendations
- Experience with international tax compliance and VAT tax preferred
- Experience with CCH tax software preferred
- Annual Salary DOE
- The potential for performance-based bonuses
- PTO & Paid Holidays
Work Schedule and Location:
- Monday-Friday during normal business hours
- Lehi, UT office
- 401k with matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and long-term disability
- On-site gym
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear, and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular on-site attendance at work is required during normal business hours
About Us: Currently serving more than 20,000 apartment communities across the U.S., Entrata offers a variety of web-based software tools for leasing, rent collection, marketing, and management, all on one platform. The Utah-based company has seen exponential growth since its founding in 2003 and currently partners with 28 of America’s 50 largest property management companies. Entrata employs more than 300 professionals across the nation, including offices in Lehi, Provo, and Dallas. For more information, go to http://www.entrata.com.