Job Description: Entrata is reinventing the property management software space. Our software adds real value to the bottom-line of our customers’ finances. Innovation is at the heart of our success and everything we do.
Entrata’s Assistant Controller is an integral part of the Accounting team. The position reports to the Controller and assists in all accounting functions. The role requires heavy involvement in managing the monthly and annual accounting close and financial statement preparation.
- Manage the accounting team and ensure all tasks are being completed and deadlines being met
- Assist with performance appraisals, rewarding and disciplining, and conflict resolution of employees
- Manage the financial statement close process
- Manage maintaining the general ledger and ensure all accounts are reconciled
- Perform monthly flux analysis on financial statement results
- Assist in preparing analysis, training and mentoring, commentary and presentation material for the monthly financial review
- Oversee end to end ownership of multiple significant accounting processes
- Implement internal controls to ensure accuracy of financial statement data
- Perform ad hoc projects and analysis as needed
- Manage annual financial statement audit and the preparation of the year-end financial statements and associated notes including working with external auditors and providing support and answering questions
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
- Prepare technical accounting memos, and be able to research the applicable accounting guidance that our positon is based on.
- Recommends and establishes policy related to accounting analysis in compliance with GAAP and internal policies and ensures senior management is aware of emerging financial accounting rules and trends.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Accounting required
- CPA with 3 years public accounting experience
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Proficient in GAAP
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience filing sales tax returns
- Experience in consolidating multiple entities including international entities
- Experience dealing with foreign currency and calculating realized and unrealized gains and losses
- Salary, DOE
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Lehi, Utah based
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
About Us: Entrata is the largest portal and online payment provider in the U.S., servicing over 3.5 million apartment residents nationwide. Founded 2003, Entrata is a uniquely positioned B2B SAAS company serving the multi-family industry. Our suite of technology solutions enable our customers to manage all aspects of the critical functions necessary to run a multi-family management company, from property-level operations all the way up to corporate management and marketing. Our vision is to enable more efficiency and productivity for our clients through the development, distribution, and support of world-class software.
Entrata has been ranked as one of the fastest growing companies by Inc. 500.