Software Quality Tester
We are looking for amazing talent looking to move into a technical career. Many of the job duties will be learned through on-the-job training, but this position requires someone with ambition and the ability to take initiative in learning their products and mastering the role.
The Software Quality Tester is a player-coach role, meaning it is required for the SQT to be an active tester on their team while also helping to manage and coach the offshore Quality Assurance (QA) team. Below are the core responsibilities of an SQT.
- Work closely and productively with the development and product management teams
- Lead and direct the efforts of the offshore QA team
- Ensure that the acceptance criteria provided by the product team are being captured in test cases
- Groom new incoming bug tasks
- Keep bug backlog up to date
- Help keep task flows from going stagnant
- Stay current on the status of their product development
- Serve as point of contact for Client Services teams
- Participate in daily SCRUM team meeting
- Perform Root Cause Analysis with QA team on bugs
- Participate in sprint planning (on-site) and lead the quality planning portion
- Ensure test cases are up to date with any new features or changed functionality
- Personal involvement in testing of significant new features and testing/verifying bug fixes
What you will do:
- Become an expert on your products
- Strive to never let your team be the bottleneck
- Cultivate strong, positive relationships with your development team members
- Assist in driving your team’s progress towards the Company Goals
- Seek to constantly become more technical
- Promote communication between QA, Dev, and Product teams
- Provide your sign-off for your product being release ready
- Hold QA Team meeting to evaluate efficiencies and weakness and make decisions for improvement
- Drive daily progress in regression testing with your team
- Perform regular audits of your regression suite for coverage and accuracy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401K with Matching
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times demanding environment. Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Ability to operate standard and specified technical office equipment. Regular and reliable onsite attendance during standard operating hours.
When Entrata claims “Be the Joneses'' as one of our core Values, we mean what we say. We have been setting the standard for property management technology for nearly 20 years and continue to lead innovation in an industry that provides housing to tens of thousands of apartment communities around the world. People who come to work at Entrata are the Real Deal: straight-talking, forward-thinking, hard workers who come together both to collaborate and to have a good time.
But members of the ’Jones Family’ aren’t just smart and ambitious, they’re the living embodiment of another core Value: “Be Excellent to Each Other.” Entrata is dedicated to creating a workplace where a diverse and inclusive team thrives in an environment free from discrimination. We provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
It’s a great place to work; a place where we live by the words “Business in the Front, Party in the Back.” Will you join us?Apply Now