Software Quality Tester
We are looking for amazing talent looking to move into a technical career. Many of the job duties will be learned through on-the-job training, but this position requires someone with ambition and the ability to take initiative in learning their products and mastering the role.
The Software Quality Manager (SQM) is a player-coach role, meaning it is required for the SQM to be an active tester on their team while also helping to manage and coach the offshore Quality Assurance (QA) team. Below are the core responsibilities of an SQM.
- Work closely and productively with the development and product management teams
- Lead and direct the efforts of the offshore QA team
- Ensure that the acceptance criteria provided by the product team are being captured in test cases
- Groom new incoming bug tasks
- Keep bug backlog up to date
- Help keep task flows from going stagnant
- Stay current on the status of their product development
- Serve as point of contact for Client Services teams
- Participate in daily SCRUM team meeting
- Perform Root Cause Analysis with QA team on bugs
- Participate in sprint planning (on-site) and lead the quality planning portion
- Ensure test cases are up to date with any new features or changed functionality
- Personal involvement in testing of significant new features and testing/verifying bug fixes
What you will do:
- Become an expert on your products
- Strive to never let your team be the bottleneck
- Cultivate strong, positive relationships with your development team members
- Assist in driving your team’s progress towards the Company Goals
- Seek to constantly become more technical
- Promote communication between QA, Dev, and Product teams
- Provide your sign-off for your product being release ready
- Hold QA Team meeting to evaluate efficiencies and weakness and make decisions for improvement
- Drive daily progress in regression testing with your team
- Perform regular audits of your regression suite for coverage and accuracy
- 401k with matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and long-term disability
- On-site gym
Founded in 2003, Entrata® is the only comprehensive property management software provider with a single-login, open-access Platform as a Service (PaaS) system. Offering a wide variety of online tools including websites, mobile apps, payments, lease signing, accounting, and resident management, Entrata® PaaS currently serves more than 20,000 apartment communities nationwide, including 34 of the NMHC Top 50 Largest Managers. Entrata’s open API and superior selection of third-party integrations offer management companies the freedom to choose the technology and software that best fit their needs. For more information, go to http://www.entrata.com.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Reach with hands, arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close, distance, color or peripheral vision. Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Regular on-site attendance at work is required during normal business hours