Site Reliability Engineering
Job Description: Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run largescale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. On the SRE team, you’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis, and large-scale system design. Entrata’s SREs work closely with development, DBA, and other teams to:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through to deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Write and review infrastructure code on a daily basis and provide mentoring to junior and overseas team members.
- Design and implement monitoring, automation/configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment (Salt, Nagios, New Relic, etc.)
- Provide after-hours support for infrastructure related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance
- Have a love for cloud computing and fully understand its pros and cons.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go or PHP
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system calls), and with networking (e.g., routing, ESDN) or cloud systems.
- Experience with analyzing and troubleshooting systems.
- SaltStack Certified Engineer preferred
- Experience designing large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience designing and developing software oriented towards systems or network automation.
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K with Matching
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- On site Membership
Founded in 2003, Entrata® is the only comprehensive property management software provider with a single-login, open-access Platform as a Service (PaaS) system. Offering a wide variety of online tools including websites, mobile apps, payments, lease signing, accounting, and resident management, Entrata® PaaS currently serves more than 20,000 apartment communities nationwide, including 34 of the NMHC Top 50 Largest Managers. Entrata’s open API and superior selection of third-party integrations offer management companies the freedom to choose the technology and software that best fit their needs. For more information, go to http://www.entrata.com.