Site Reliability Engineering
Job Description: Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run largescale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. On the SRE team, you’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis, and large-scale system design. Entrata’s SREs work closely with development, DBA, and other teams to:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through to deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Write and review infrastructure code on a daily basis and provide mentoring to junior and overseas team members.
- Design and implement monitoring, automation/configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment (Salt, Nagios, New Relic, etc.)
- Provide after-hours support for infrastructure related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance
- Have a love for cloud computing and fully understand its pros and cons.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go or PHP
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system calls), and with networking (e.g., routing, ESDN) or cloud systems.
- Experience with analyzing and troubleshooting systems.
- SaltStack Certified Engineer preferred
- Experience designing large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience designing and developing software oriented towards systems or network automation.
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K with Matching
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- On site Membership
Founded in 2003, Entrata® is the only comprehensive property management software provider with a single-login, open-access Platform as a Service (PaaS) system. Offering a wide variety of online tools including websites, mobile apps, payments, lease signing, , and resident management, Entrata® PaaS currently serves more than 20,000 apartment communities nationwide, including 34 of the NMHC Top 50 Largest Managers. Entrata’s open API and superior selection of third-party integrations offer management companies the freedom to choose the technology and software that best fit their needs. For more information, go to http://www.entrata.com
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times demanding environment. Must be able to sit and/or stand for extensive periods of time. Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. Ability to operate standard and specified technical office equipment. Regular and reliable onsite attendance during standard operating hours.Apply Now