Site Reliability Engineering
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run largescale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. On the SRE team, you’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis, and large-scale system design. Entrata’s SREs work closely with development, DBA, and other teams to:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through to deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Write and review infrastructure code on a daily basis and provide mentoring to junior and overseas team members.
- Design and implement monitoring, automation/configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment (Salt, Nagios, New Relic, etc.)
- Provide after-hours support for infrastructure related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance
- Have a love for cloud computing and fully understand its pros and cons.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go or PHP
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system calls), and with networking (e.g., routing, ESDN) or cloud systems.
- Experience with analyzing and troubleshooting systems.
- SaltStack Certified Engineer preferred
- Experience designing large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience designing and developing software oriented towards systems or network automation.
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401K with Matching
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times demanding environment. Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Ability to operate standard and specified technical office equipment. Regular and reliable onsite attendance during standard operating hours.
When Entrata claims “Be the Joneses'' as one of our core Values, we mean what we say. We have been setting the standard for property management technology for nearly 20 years and continue to lead innovation in an industry that provides housing to tens of thousands of apartment communities around the world. People who come to work at Entrata are the Real Deal: straight-talking, forward-thinking, hard workers who come together both to collaborate and to have a good time.
But members of the ’Jones Family’ aren’t just smart and ambitious, they’re the living embodiment of another core Value: “Be Excellent to Each Other.” Entrata is dedicated to creating a workplace where a diverse and inclusive team thrives in an environment free from discrimination. We provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
It’s a great place to work; a place where we live by the words “Business in the Front, Party in the Back.” Will you join us?Apply Now